Sunday, September 25, 2016

What I did 9/19 - 9/21

9/19
On tuesday, we presented our group projects (see previous post). I think it went well. They seemed to like it. The suggestions from the class were mainly in regards to location (going somewhere else other than the library/campus).

During the other half of class, I worked on the circuit. I recreated what I had done (with suggestions from Thomas). I got the basic set up in place with alligator clips, but I did start soldering some of the basic wires (such as the two wire attached to the speaker).

9/21
Today in class we discussed Chapter 1 of Hertzian Tales by Anthony Dunne. It was interesting. In the discussion, we talked about objects as metaphors such as Magritte's Treachery of Images painting. We mentioned thumb drives which I researched and found was that name was a brand name.
-Thomas showed a cool picture of a first resistor which looked very artistic

"we live in a world of ideas...so why not live it that way?"

-we saw a electronic room with programmable appearance
-we learned about something called "duo skin" which is metalic goldleaf tatoos that can be used as: input devices / output devices / communication devices and even have LED lights. You can design the circuit on graphic design program and then use a vinel cutter on the gold leaf/tattoo paper. Cut it out and then apply to skin.

The other half was dedicated to working on the sound project. I had found a toy with buttons and a light in one of the boxes in the FabLab, so I had decided to take it apart. I was able to unscrew all but one screw which had been stripped as well as a screw which was on the absolute center of the toy (thus unattainable). With the help of Thomas I was able to pry it apart and then smashed it because the center screw did not want to comply.


Admittedly at the time I commented that I was sort of disappointed on the contents after all that effort but I do like the circuit from the toy and I may play with it for the sound project.

No comments:

Post a Comment