Thursday, October 6, 2016

What I did 10/5

In class, we learned about Arduinos and their history (continued from one of the previous classes). Then we plugged them into our computers and inserted a specific command.

Next we took apart an extension cord and soldered wires going from that to ones which could be put on the Arduino. After that, we plugged the simple electric device we brought with us (I brought a fan)  to the extension cord and then plugged that in for power. The device turned on and off just as we had commanded it to.

It was a pretty cool thing. I was not having the best morning (roommate woke me up by making noises in his room) so I took the longest to solder the wires. I got it going eventually but I was just so tired of that day I wanted it over and done with. thus I did not take any pictures that day so here is said fan and said extension cord. It works when plugged into each other, the Arduino and powered up.

No comments:

Post a Comment